A building inspection is an important task which you have to undertake when investing in any real estate property. A good building inspector will scrutinize the property and look out for flaws that may be minor or major so that you can take correct measurements with the buyer when exchanging the keys of the property. Also, building inspectors will make sure that the property is in line with the different governmental standards and requirements, that is, it follows the different codes of the buildings, zoning laws, and ordinances.Also, building inspectors will make sure that the structural quality of the building surpasses of high quality and it the standard set by the government.
Not all the building inspection services Melbourne is the same; they are different for the purpose and their time in which they are undertaken. Let us have a look at the same in detail:
- Pest Inspections: These are essential to identify the threat of pests in the flat or house which you are planning to buy. Specialized building inspectors for pests will use a variety of techniques to not only determine the different pests living around the house, but he can also gauge their intensity and suggest corrective measures for the same. In this process, they will also calculate the repair costs involved with the pests.
- Special purpose: These inspections can occur at any time during the stay at the property. Such inspections may not be required as a part of the process, but the need for them may arise randomly due to some issue going on with any component in the house. The special types of inspections include roof inspections if there is a severe issue of leakage through the material or for timber and walls if they have been increasingly cracking.
- There are also different types of inspection depending on the stage of construction of the building, they are
- Handover inspection is conducted at the time of handing over the property to the buyer. The inspection may be a part of the contract signed between the two parties. This inspector will look for all the flaws in the house, calculate their repair cost, have a depreciation schedule and hand it over to the buyer who will need to undertake the same before closing the deal. The type of work and the materials looked into during the inspection may vary during each stage.
- In a nutshell, when choosing a building inspector, make sure to go with the one who is qualified, has experience and has good reviews from his former clients.